What does "GGT 334 Alk Phos 155 AST 40 ALT 63" in blood test indicate?

Just had Blood test for Insurance they sent me rejection because GGT 334 Alk Phos 155 AST 40 ALT 63 2 years ago I had a blood test results GGT 250 Alk ph 147 AST 30 Alt 29 I do drink socially but only a Beer called Select 55 which is only 2.8% and a glass of wine every so often Took results to Dr from two years ago and he was not concerned but do not want them to keep elevating.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: there are different possible causes Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic GGT is a protein found in different tissues including the liver, pancreas, heart, kidneys, spleen but is found in higher levels in the liver. The normal range can vary from one lab to the next but in general the upper limit is 30 iu/l. Your values ,both the past one and the more recent value , exceed this limit. GGT can be increased for different reasons such as: (1)hepatitis- inflammation or infection of the liver (2) cirrhosis- normal liver tissue is replaced by scar tissue and the liver dose not work well (3)alcoholic liver disease (4)cholestasis- where the flow of bile through the liver and gall bladder is blocked , in some cases by a gall stone (5)cancer of the liver (6)pancreatitis (7)cancer of another area of the body that has spread to the liver (8)side effect of medications but klonipin is not known to cause this problem. Medications associated with the increase are carbamezepine, cimetidine, furosemide, heparin, phenobarbital, phenytoin (9) smoking The alkaline phosphatase and the ALT are mildly elevated as well. Since the ALT is only mildly elevated and the AST is normal , it is unlikely that you have any significant liver disease. You may consider imaging of the abdomen to ensure that there is no cause for the increase. Even though you only use a small quantity of alcohol, if you do not have any symptoms related to the other conditions then this the likely cause. If you discontinue all alcohol and repeat the test 4 to 6 weeks after discontinuation, the value should decrease if this is the only cause. If the value is declining , then the insurance may re consider. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions