What does " Fibrotic opacity is ssen in right upper zone" mean?
User rating for this question
my chest X-Ray reports show that " Fibrotic opacity is ssen in right upper zone" what it means? what do i do next?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: In India TB is the first diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, ansewring to your query. In India, for a fibrotic opacity in the apex of lung, the first thing that comes to any doctors mind is tuberculosis. If you are not having any chronic cough, it can be an old healed infection, which is very common in this subcontinent...and is no reason to worry. If you are having chronic cough, with or without low grade fever in the evening, you need to see a physician and undergo sputum test to diagnose TB...a few blood tests may also be advised by your physician to help reach the diagnosis...like a complete blood count. Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards, Dr. Ashish Verma
People also viewed
- Suggest treatment for fibrotic opacity in upper zone
- Can a cough that may bring up blood or plugs of mucus be due to aspergillosis?
- Rtupper chest problem how to remove it zone shadowing s opacities in right upper zone what does it means
- Dka cause muscle spasm
- What causes seeing white spots and dizziness
- Too much sleep causes dizzyness
- What does a round opacity in upper lung mean?
- Are shortness of breath, especially with exertion symptoms of aortic valve stenosis?
- Can trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing be due to asthma?
- Can dulera cure wheezing ?
- What does right lung rounded opacity mean
- What causes a sudden dizzy spell
- What does right upper zone infiltrates mean
- Std causing tiredness and dizziness
- Does chest pain, if pulmonary edema is caused by heart disease signify pulmonary edema?