What does " Fibrotic opacity is ssen in right upper zone" mean?
User rating for this question
my chest X-Ray reports show that " Fibrotic opacity is ssen in right upper zone" what it means? what do i do next?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: In India TB is the first diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, ansewring to your query. In India, for a fibrotic opacity in the apex of lung, the first thing that comes to any doctors mind is tuberculosis. If you are not having any chronic cough, it can be an old healed infection, which is very common in this subcontinent...and is no reason to worry. If you are having chronic cough, with or without low grade fever in the evening, you need to see a physician and undergo sputum test to diagnose TB...a few blood tests may also be advised by your physician to help reach the diagnosis...like a complete blood count. Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards, Dr. Ashish Verma
People also viewed
- Vomiting abdominal pain headaches fever dizziness what is wrong
- Suggest treatment for fibrotic opacity in upper zone
- Rtupper chest problem how to remove it zone shadowing s opacities in right upper zone what does it means
- Symptoms of apollo eye
- Lower abdominal pain runny nose fever weakness diarrhea have hemorrhoids
- What does a round opacity in upper lung mean?
- Skin irritation before menstrual cycle applied ointment cause
- Prescribed pancio for acidity any side effects of long-term usage
- Mild apical pleural thickening
- Apicolordotic view is clear
- What does right lung rounded opacity mean
- What does right upper zone infiltrates mean
- Mri shows dessication diffuse bulge herniation of disc interpretation
- Apicolordotic view simply explaination
- Apicolordotic view of lungs