What does "ESR of 30 and Monocyte 0 and total cholestrol 221" indicate?

My Blood test shows ESR of 30 and Monocyte 0 and total cholestrol 221. Other values are within the range. What sould I infer from this.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not very concerning... Detailed Answer: Hi, The numbers are not very concerning. My action plan for each value is as follows: 1. ESR - this is a non specific test and number under 100 is rarely concerning. If you have active and healthy with no recent symptoms now, I would not press for more tests to know the cause. You can talk to a physician if a second ESR report say after a month also show high values. 2. Absent monocyte by itself has less significance. If all other blood count is within normal limits you may ignore it. 3. Total cholesterol of 221mg/dl is marginal elevation. With your BMI at 26, please concentrate in weight reduction measures. A low calorie and low oil diet and weight reducing exercise will lower total cholesterol. Hope this helped. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards