What does EOS range of 8.1 and 9.3 indicate?

My last 2 CBCs showed My EOS range to be 8.1 and latest 9.3. Is there any cause for concern? I am a 73 year old woman.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: allergy would rise eosinophils Detailed Answer: If you are perfectly fine then you need not worry about the CBC report. Rise in eosinophils is usually due to allergy. Even parasitic infestation can rise the eosinophil count. If you don't have any other symptom and this CBC is done as routine health check then you need not pay credence to the counts. But if you have any problem then treatment of the condition would bring the counts to normal. Remeber, patient would be treated depending on her condition. Reports are not treated! Regards