What does 'Diffuse fatty infiltration of the liver with spleenomelagy' indicate in an ultrasound report?

Dec 2012

Hi there. I am currently in the middle east (Qatar). I have had an ultrasound showing Diffuse fatty infiltration of the liver with spleenomelagy and chronic calcular cholecystitis. I cannot get treatment here and wondered if I should return to XXXXXXX for treatment or should I be ok here for a while??
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You could wait if symptoms are not severe Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXX, Thanks for posting your query, Hope all is well besides your health and I am pleased to be able to assist you with your query. I think that if you are not having some obvious symptoms such as pain and bowel problems, you could wait to complete your mission in Qatar before coming back. But you must try to adjust your lifestyle and eating habits, such as reduce fat/oil, no alcohol and eat healthy. Fatty liver diseases could aggravate if your eating habit is not carefully monitored. Alcohol is the main substance that causes it and that worsens it. If you are not alcohol consumer then you are one step free of getting major complication. Do not wait for too long in the middle east as you require constant follow-up/check-ups and treatment for the condition. A gastroenterologist will be best suited for your treatment. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah