What does "Creatine Kinase total of 834" mean?

I blood work shows a Creatine Kinase total of 834. What does this mean?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: There are various causes, but cardiac cause first Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I shall surely help you with that sir. Creatine kinase (CK) has a normal range of 60-174 IU/L. An elevated level indicates: -Muscle injury -Myocardial infarction (heart attack in layman terms) -Myositis (inflammation of the muscles) -Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscles) -Medications (eg. cholesterol lowering medication, etc.) -Hypothyroid patients -Alcohol abuse -Kidney disorders So the causes as you can see are quite diverse, although the first suspected cause should be a cardiac condition. So once an ECG/EKG is taken and ruled out, other causes should be considered and a diagnosis will have to be taken at the earliest. I hope you find my response helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.