What does "Absolute Eosinophils 4L,range listed as 15-500 cells /uL" mean and what should be done?

Excellent

Question
My Absolute Eosinophils result is 4L, with the range listed as 15-500 cells / uL - What does this mean, and what should I be doing to address this, as well as the other out-of-range items. The Dr told me the labs were fine.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Normal, need IgE count in case of allergic history Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query. 4L for sure is within the acceptable range. Very high values are seen in case of allergic conditions, some parasitic infections, and in some cases, some tumoral conditions. In persons with a past history of allergy or asthma, the best indicated test to do is the ImmunoglobuliN E (IgE) measurement. This is more sensitive and specific for allergic conditions. A normal Eosinophil count does not exclude the possibility of an allergic condition or reaction going on. I suggest you consult your doctor for further investigations in case of need. If there is no remarkable medical history related to any allergic conditions, I really do not think you have to bother. If there is, you might have to see your doctor. Kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Please, do feel free asking further follow up questions in case of need. i will be honored making my humble contributions. DR Bain

Follow-up: What does "Absolute Eosinophils 4L,range listed as 15-500 cells /uL" mean and what should be done? 1 hour later
No allergies or items to which I am allergic. So, I suppose that is why the Dr office said my blood work was fine. Thanks for your feedback.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: No worries then Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the updates. I think you really need not bother at this point in time. Kind regards as I wish you good health. Dr Bain