What does "AST - 31, ALT -42 and Gamma-GT -19" mean in blood test results ?

I am 29 years old, I am 1.72 m and 74.2kg. my bloothtest results in AST of 31, ALT of 42, Gamma-GT of 19
what does this mean?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 17 minutes later

AST, ALT and gamma GT are all liver enzymes and are an indicator of liver function. ALT and AST levels, indicate the degree of inflammation and gamma GT is another enzyme that occurs in liver cells. A high level of this enzyme is particularly associated with heavy alcohol drinking.

The normal range of values for AST (SGOT) is from 5 to 40 units per liter of serum (the liquid part of the blood) and the normal range of values for ALT (SGPT) is from 7 to 56 units per liter of serum.

For gamma GT, Normal Adult Female Range: 0 - 45 U/L
Normal Adult Male Range: 0 - 65 U/L

All these enzymes are within normal limits in your case, so your liver function is normal.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.