What does "76.422 IU/ML.W" mean?

May 2013
Hello, I am 8 weeks pregnant and doctor told me to test Rubella(German Measles, Antiobody, IGG (Serum) and found the test result is 76.422 IU/ML.What it means? >11 is good, but it is too high? is it good or bad. Please advice.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Depends on IgM values Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. In diagnosing Rubella infection, both IgG and IgM antibodies will play role. Usually Rubella IgG levels above 10 iu/ml indicate: -If associated IgM levels are less than 1iu/ml, past infection or immunity to rubella infection. -If associated IgM levels are above 1iu/ml, indicates recent infection. Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW So, if your IgM levels are less than 1iu/ml, no need to worry. If IgM levels also elevated, there is possibility of recent infection and that may harm the fetus. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What does "76.422 IU/ML.W" mean? 15 minutes later
As per our lab report Negative-<8 IU/ML Borderline-=/> 8 IU/ML to <11 IU/ML Positive-==/>11 11u/ML Mine is 76.422, so it is under positive.Do i need to take any vaccination or not.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi, As I told previously IgG positive with IgM negative, indicates past infection or immunity towards the infection. So, no need to take immunization now. Actually you should not take Rubella immunization during pregnancy. Take care.