Ask a Urologist   »  

What does 2 plus ketones in urine signify if I am not pregnant?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
A 2 plus ketones in the urine is indicative of mild amount of ketones in urine. This can happen during weight loss, high protein and low carbohydrate diet.
Alcohol consumption and diabetes are other causes that can cause excretion of ketones in urine.
You need to concentrate on dietary modifications and increase the carbohydrate content in your diet to avoid ketonuria.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.