What does 10% sperm motility indicate ?

I have done Semen Analysis in 5 days of abstinent.
Motility report is as follows:
Rapid Progressive: 00%
Moderately Progressive: 05%
Sluggishly progressive : 05%
Non Motile: 90%
Agglutination is Nil and Morphology is normal.
Fructose(qualitative) is present
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later
Thanks for the query,
I have gone through your report and there seems to be only 10%motility,normally >50% of sperm in the specimen are motile.Also the motility is only moderately progressive or sluggishly progressive that is only 5%,it needs to be atleast around 50%.Rapidly progressive is nil.

The quality of the sperm is often more significant than the count. Sperm motility is its ability to move. Only those sperm that move forward fast are able to swim up to the egg and fertilize it.

You will need to take consult a Infertility expert doctor for the right medication.You might also need to undergo an IVF if planning for a child.

Hope my answer is adequate,I will be available for follow up if you have any more queries.