What doe brain lesions indicate?

May 2014

I also have two more lesions one is dorment the other is 12mm in size from mri before this one was done.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please send in your clinical symptoms Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for writing in with your query. As I have replied to your earlier query 95516, there appears to be a relatively stable form of the lesions in the deep white matter. You doctor has also made a mention that the changes are non specific and that means not particularly pointing to any particular disease condition. It is important to know the interval between scans and the location of the lesions in question, both the dormant as well as the 12 mm lesion which I suppose is a newer development. Most importantly your symptoms need to be studied in detail. I would be pleased if you can tell me a little more in detail so that we know what are the exact problems being faced by you. Any history of conditions like hypertension, diabetes, lupus and any other autoimmune conditions can be correlated to your findings. Hope this query is answered. Please do write back should you have further doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek
Follow-up: What doe brain lesions indicate? 9 minutes later
I have hypertention,my normal doctor detected very high vitamin b12 defienctpy which i found out can mimic ms symptoms, i hav slight reflux, am on tablets for both of them. My dads mum died of a stroke when she was 52. Neurologists are certain i dont have any neurological diseases such as ms,which is good news. I have lost 17 kilos in ten weeks so am really trying to get my weight down as im a size 16 at the moment. I had a funny turn at the gym 16mths ago nether felt like it before neuro said i could of had a tia stroke. I get headaches left and right side not at same time. Neuro said the white matter and lesions could be ischaemic changes basically small strokes. Im sorry if i keep asking you stuff am concerned. Is there any treatments that i can have in relation to my resukts. Whar could this small new lesion be its on the right side i have only had problems on the left side,e
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: New lesion might also be ischemic change Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for writing in with an update. Two key areas concerning your condition are supplementation of well balanced diets including RDA amounts of essential nutrients and control of your hypertension. At 41 you are quite young to be having the ischemic problems but please do not worry as I have seen patients younger than you who have MRI scan showing microvascular ischemic changes. At 60 this can be taken as findings associated with normal advancing age. Your significant Vitamin B12 deficiency might be causing the changes seen on MRI. You must also keep a watch on any new problems relating to memory and cognitive tasks that you might be experiencing. You may also have symptoms like tingling of fingers and toes. As you are worried about weight reduction, I would suggest that you take advise from a dietician and follow a recommended diet and fitness plan. Hope this query is answered. Please do write back should you have further doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek