What doctor handles pain issues?

I can not take the pain much longer I don't sleep eat nothing normal have not been on my 4 wheelers or in my boat since the wreck? I need a doctor that understands the porphyria and that I can not take fillers so I am on strong meds that only make me able to function still with pain but I can deal with that but I want my life back!I also have had cancer when I was young and had a hysterectomy and been cancer free ever since 1998. I am now disabled and can not work anymore I worked 50 plus hours on my feet till the wreck.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Internal Medicine and Pain Specialist Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand the pain affair that you currently undergo. However you have not mentioned your current Insurance to check who is the doctor who accepts it in your area. I find you to be in Hattiesburg, MS. Though we are not the right referral forum I took as a responsibility to reply you here since you are in pain. For the problem that you have you should have an Internal Medicine doctor as primary care. He will do appropriate referrals to Pain Specialist who can keep monitoring and discussing with your IM doctor for changes in medicine. So you should choose to speak to an Internal Medicine MD first. I have searched for the list here: 1) Dr. XXXXXXX D. Hernandez, DO Internal Medicine 511 W XXXXXXX Ave, Hattiesburg, MS 39401 2) Dr. XXXXXXX N. Batson, MD Internal Medicine 5909 U S Highway 49 Suite 30, Hattiesburg, MS 39402 3) Dr. XXXXXXX B. Mellen, MD Internal Medicine 5909 U S Highway 49 Suite 30, Hattiesburg, MS 39402 Please let me know if you need anything else.