What do you suggest for marks on my leg done by a dog's mouth?

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
hi, A dog tried to bite me but I somehow managed to save myself and only got two a mark on my leg. he did not cut me but there are two marks when he tried to insert his teeth in my skin. there was no blood came out and also not much of a pain. I am not aware of the rabies status of the dog. Please tell me the cure and do I need to get any injection. Attached is the image.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that in my opinion you should get an anti Tetanus vaccine along with full course of anti rabies vaccination . It is said that if a dog is alive 10 days after biting somebody it is not rabid but if the dog tried to bite you unprovoked and you are not able to supervise it you should immediately go for this treatment and not take any chance because even when blood hasnt come saliva may be transmitted through abraded skin . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What do you suggest for marks on my leg done by a dog's mouth? 10 minutes later
Thanks for your suggestion. I agree with you. I will visit a doctor tomorrow. but in the meanwhile I have washed it with soap and water. What other precaution I need to take for any possible infection.Thanks for your suggestion. I agree with you. I will visit a doctor tomorrow. but in the meanwhile I have washed it with soap and water. What other precaution I need to take for any possible infection.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Nothing else is required because no wound is there , no external application of any ointment is advisable . Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What do you suggest for marks on my leg done by a dog's mouth? 5 minutes later
Thanks. Could you please also tell me how many shots are required to get a complete rabies vaccination.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, There are different schedules but at least 3 doses are recommended for complete vaccination. Dr. Shruti