What do you suggest for a reoccured slip disc?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Need your opinion on the below. please help me to recover quick and come back strong I had mid slip disc in dec 2012 and reoccurred again. have taken a MRI scan, as per that It says. Inter Vertebral discs: Disc dehydration noted at L5-S1 L4-5: mild disc bulge with minimal impression on the cal sac and Allegheny nerve roots L5-S2: diffuse disc protrusion with central and left paracentral disc protrusion causing mild impression on the cal SAC and left side never root. Rest of whole spine screening shows C3-4, C4-5,C5-6 disc bulge. Impression: Diffuse disc protrusion at L5-S1 with central and left paracentral disc protrusion causing mild impression on the cal sac and left side nerve root. Mild disc bulge at L4-5 with minimal impression on the cal DAC and adjacent never roots.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems you have developed acute disc bulge again Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description it seems you have developed acute disc bulge again. Your current treatment plan is correct. You have to take bed rest for two days. Do physiotheraphy exercises to strengthen the back as adviced by your doctor or physiotherapist. Kindly note that exercises only be done when it doesn't hurt. Having known this basic anatomy, you must avoid any activity that aggravates the condition, like bending forward and lifting heavy objects, sitting long hours on computer, inappropriate sitting posture, etc. Adequate rest and proper nutrition is equally important. Drink lots of fluids since dehydration affects the disc. Go for recent MRI to see severity of bulge. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care