What do you suggest for a major bone cyst?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
In December - (My previous question) Boy broke arm and then diagnosed with major bone cyst. Local doctors recommend emergency surgery in 4 weeks. They will clean the cyst and pack with bone / marrow from germany. Local doctor also said that the cyst has crossed the growth plate, so may permanently deform the child. But now in February, another x-ray has been taken and doctors are now suggesting that because the cyst is healing so well on its own, surgery may not be necessary. The family would prefer to avoid surgery for the boy if possible, so would like a second opinion.Would also like to know if waiting maybe 2 - 3 months to see if it heals more would be ok ?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 14 hours later
Brief Answer: I also suggest for watchful waiting. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query again. I have gone through the x-ray attached .It is nice to see good healing of cyst in Latest x-ray. Also the cyst has not crossed the growth plate. I also suggest for watchful waiting for 2-3 months — regular monitoring. In your boy case it seems that it will resolve on their own. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. Wishing him speedy recovery... Take care.