What do you mean by 'multiple lacunar area of ischaemic foci in the bilateral cerebral hemispheres' in a MRI report?

Hi my mom's MRI shows multiple lacunar area of ischaemic foci in the bilateral cerebral hemispheres. She is 51 always complaints of headache.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need further investigation Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Thanks for sharing with us. Your mother has Lacunar infarcts , for which i am sure she must be receiving treatment with Aspirin , Atorvastatin. She must be having Risk factors for which she got Lacunar Infarcts , One risk factor i can see is Age and menopause. I suggest following investigations: 1. Hemogram 2. Lipid Profile 3. Blood Sugar 4. ECG Treatment would be based on the reports , but i strongly recommend Aspirin and Atorvastatin. Migraine headache is usually unilateral , throbbing , associated with nausea , vomiting , photophobia, phonophobia. If she has migraine headache , that can be treated , I personally prefer to use flunarizine for migraines. Also , she needs a regular life style like timely sleep in night. Avoid Cheese , lemon , in diet. She should avoid any pain killers. I prefer to give my patients simply Tab Vasograin when they have severe pain. Get her reports , get her BP checked once again , review with me with the reports. I hope i am able to solve your query , if you still have any query ask me.