Ask a Urologist   »  

What do white particles in urine and burning sensation during urination indicate?

Jul 2016

Last night i observed creamy white particles in urine and it had a burning sensation while i was peeing and it continued for some more time. Today morning it was all back to normal. Can i know the possible reason for this. I generally drink enough water so dehydration shouldn't be the case. Please help and is that normal? this is the first time i have faced this and i am worried.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It could be due to UTI or Cancretions. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed small white particles in urine and had burning urination. Most likely this could be due to UTI or passing small concretions (Stones) Please consult your family physician and get your routine urine test and ultrasound scanning done to confirm the diagnosis. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily. Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria. Further treatment will depend upon the results of these test and final diagnosis. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.