What do "subcentimeter lymphnod" mean?

Hi this if for my DAD who was diagnosed with NH lymphoma last july and wastreated with protocol of RCHOP. how ever after three dosages some components of of Chemo was removed as he cud not tolerate (I think it was H part - The orange/red medicine). Then rest three were concluded on dec 2013. We were told to do a comparative scan in order for doc to check if h needed a round of radiotherapy if any residues. I approached you now, with my scan in hand which i shall submit now along with this first scan report (before his RCHOP series). The latest scan concludes there is no residues but the first line which says subcentimeter lymphnodes noted are my concern. Could you please help me in understanding his latest report?
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry , no cancer now Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concerns. I have studied the uploaded reports as well. Subcentimeter lymph nodes are generally considered not significant/ normal . It means the lymph nodes are less than 1 centimeter which is what it should be. Lymph nodes of 3 centimeters or above are of concern. They are not a sign of residual cancer. However they should be monitored with regular 6 monthly scans to check for growth in size. As of now there is nothing to worry.