What do spots on tongue indicate?

I have had this problem with my tounge for a few years now these spots will show up on my tongue and then go away for a week or two. I asked my dentist a few years ago and he said geographic tongue but it very uncomfortable and won't go away.
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Geographical toungue Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have seen the image you have attached here. Yes, your dentist is right in saying that you have geographical tongue. The cause of the geographical tongue is unknown, no specific treatment are available. Taking Multivitamin supplements like Supradyn is known to reduce it over time. If you have any symptoms associated with the problem on the tongue, you may have to take symptomatic treatment. Wish you good health. regards,