What do small,itchy pimple like spots on chest and stomach indicate?

I have small pimple like spots on my chest/stomach area. They really itch. Is this the Shingles and is there anything I can do to stop the iching?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: itchy spots Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic. The possibilities of itchy spots on the trunk include scabies, papular urticaria, pityrosporum folliculitis and insect bite reaction. I do not think it is Shingles based on your history. 1. Shingles generally does not itch. 2. It does not cause pimple like spots but causes blisters. ( fluid filled) 3. It is not scattered the way you have described, rather it occurs along the course of a nerve. So it is confined to one segment of one half of the body. Do you have itching among any of your family members or close contacts? Did you go camping or traveling recently? You could take an antihistamine like benadryl to get relief from itching. You could also apply calamine lotion on the spits 2-3 times a day. You have the option of uploading clinical photographs. Please use this option to send clear photograph so I can assess better. Regards, Dr. Johny Chacko