What do slightly raised white blood cells mean?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
What do slightly raised white blood cells mean had my bloods took and all was ok these was raised i suffer with anxiety and feel tired and stressed all the time
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 22 minutes later
Hi. The raised white blood cells of more than 11,000 may indicate an infection or as a reactionary to some acute problems. If you do not have fever or associated symptoms , wait and re-do the tests after a gap of 2 days. If you have fever and so , please go for an antibiotic course under a supervision of a Doctor. Anxiety can lead to stress and tiredness and vise a versa
Follow-up: What do slightly raised white blood cells mean? 11 minutes later
I hsve a temp of 37.2 and i am aching but doctors seem to think im ok i did go running saturday and my feet on the tops and shins ache id this notmal. I also hsve pains in my lower right tummy and my arms as i woke up having panic
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 hours later
Brief Answer: blood culture if necessary. Detailed Answer: Hi. I hope I HAVE ANSWERED YOU. The condition you are going through needs bed rest too. No exercises till you are absolutely fine. If the white cells are still high , your Doctor may advise you for blood culture and further antibiotics can be given as per the reports. TAKE BED REST. PANIC= you can help yourself, try avoiding the medication for panic.