What do reddish fiber in stool indicate?

Hi, I'm a 30 year old female. On sunday night, i noticed what may have been either an inch long thin piece of reddish fiber, in my stool. I squinted but found it hard to tell if it was red or brown. There was no blood on the toilet paper, or in the bowl, but I am worried whether it could have been blood. It wasn't smeared though, so it would have had to be a vein, if that makes sense? I had eaten in the 2 days before, in terms of reddish foods, coleslaw with carrots in it, slow cooked chicken that had some purplish/ reddish meat around the wings (but was fully cooked), and sun dried tomato pesto with pasta. Sinced then stools have been normal, but I am wondering should I be concerned about this type of thing? I have no family history of colon cancer. I can be a little over-anxious about health concerns. I have been taking a probiotic as a precaution in case I was having digestive issues (I had four drinks on Friday night too, nso not sure if that was the cause). If you have any advice, or think I should see I doctor, I would be grateful to no.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: please follow the suggestions below.. Detailed Answer: Hi I read carefully all your concerns and I understood it. You are writing that you have seen a reddish fiber in your stools it could be from; -blood in stools -foods - infections like ova /parasites You are writing too that you have used coleslaw that can cause reddish stools. I would kindly like to ask you if you have noticed bowel movement changes or constipation recently ? If yes you should avoid it using : -fresh fruits -plenty of water -increase physical activity - vegetables reached in fibers For the moment there is nothing to be worried but if it is repeated once more you need to be evaluated with 1.fecal blood test 2.fecal analysis ( ova /parasites) Hope you will find my answer helpful Dr.Klerida