What do red swollen bumps on penile shaft indicate?

If this a effection? they were bumps now scabed over
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Infective lesions penile shaft ,more details Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. You seem to have developed an infection over the penile region. I would like to know more details from you so that we can come to a final diagnosis. Since when have you developed the lesions? Was there any associated pain or itching? Any discomfort at present? Did you notice any fluid filled lesions or were they red solid lesions earlier? Any history of outside contact? If yes, how much time back? Did you develop any such lesions earlier also? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What do red swollen bumps on penile shaft indicate? 1 hour later
I have had them for a little over a week they don't itch and not really painful it does appear to be a little swollen they were red bumps and did not appear to have fluid in them like a pimple I have not had sex for about 3 months this happened before but went away after a couple months It's embarrassing and really hope it's not herpes what can I do any over the counter drug that could help?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of herpes cannot be ruled out Detailed Answer: Hi From the description of the lesions and the appearance ,a possibility of herpes infection cannot be ruled out. But since at present the lesions are in the healing stage and most on the lesions have scabs over them, so a very definite diagnosis cannot be reached. At present you should take care and clean the affected area properly. Clean it twice a day with lukewarm saline water and apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin over it. In case you tend to develop the lesions ever again, you should make it a point to see either a local doctor or a dermatologist here on this forum with the pictures so that a proper diagnosis can be made after having a look at the exact lesions. Dr Geetika Paul