What do painless lumps on the underskin of labia signify?

I have 2 lumps on my labia. One on bottom right one top left. They are under the skin. One has a dark spot on it. They are kind of big. They don't hurt unless I try to squeeze them. What are they?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 1 hour later
Brief Answer: warm compresses/sitz bath, Don't squeeze Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The usual concern of women are lumps or bumps on vulva/labia. There is no need to get panic because there are several causes for them and most are non contagious, not sexually transmitted. Usually they are cystic but may be solid too. And yes they must not be squeezed as this introduces infection inside them. A larger one may be excised and removed. Some common examples are: 1. Bartholins cyst: occur along the majora. grows rapidly,might be painfull treated by sitz bath or if large enough needs excision. 2. Skene's duct cyst: along the sides of urethra. same treatment as above. 3. folliculitis : along the hair follicles and may need antibiotic. 4. Blocked sweat gland may cause hiradenitis and may need antibiotics. others like herpes infection may also cause bumps.. What I feel is you must meet your doctor, may take sitz bath......and most importantly don't squeeze it.. Best wishes