What do lumps in throat with pain in chest and back indicate?

I am being treated for a myriad of health issues. Severe anemia thyroiditis fibromyalgia adrenal fatigue and mild addisons. I take estrogen progesterone testosterone and dhea. I take hydrocortisone 10 mg 3x day. I take bioidentical thyroid t3/t4 I can't take iron vitamins etc. They don't absorb and make me ill. I have been tested for h pylori. Neg. But am referred to liver gastro specialist because I obviously have gut issues. I do ha e some fatty tissues on liver. Idk why I don't drink I take zegrid and anti inflammation meds. I ha e severe migraines and chronic sinusitis. Take 4 meds nasally for that. I have suddenly grown what appears to be 3 lumps in throat. Not sore like ill but throat feels sore like scabbed or scalded. I am having pain in chest between breasts slightly below and back directly behind the same area. Also intermittent pain on left side by ribs. My bp and glucose r higher than they normally r. My dr wants me to wait until monday. Should I. Also in addition to severe anemia I am on cycle which is abnormally heavy. Between being cold and hands tingly back pain and throat I'm worried
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It Can Wait Till Monday Detailed Answer: Thank you for asking My friend! I am Dr S Khan and i would like to answer you queries in detail so sit back and relax while reading it because it is gonna take time. Lets discuss them one by one 1- Can't take Iron supplements. Absorption issues My friend you are right iron supplements do that but every issue has a solution. You may take iron supplements empty stomach 30 minutes before meal with vitamin c supplements.They will decrease the issues you previously had to face.If still a problem a parenteral solution of IV iron supplements is also present in guise of ferric carboxymaltose injection (Injectafer). 2-Gastric issues Gastritis and reflux is a very common collateral damage when a person is on steroids ( hydrocortisone) and iron supplements and anti inflammatory medicines for the pain management. So zegred won't suffice. A complete diet and lifestyle modification would be necessary with a constant touch to a gastroenterologist for a better management. Your Pain In Chest And Directly Below The Left Ribs is this gastric manifestation indicating an inflammation/ gastritis and needs a proper management. You may use triple/ quadruple therapy for H pylori prophylactically. Meanwhile keep diet soft and bowel friendly, avoid spices and carbonated beverages or alcohol etc, canned foods and all processed foods to the minimum. 3-Chronic sinusitis Usually oral antibiotics, topical nasal steroids, decongestants, and saline nasal sprays result in symptoms relief but if the issues persist like in your case then seeking an otorhinolaryngologist for surgical options like FESS, uncinectomies, Antrostomies or caldwell-luc etc. 4-Migraines: I am sure once sinusitis resolves, the issue of migraine will resolve too. DIetary triggers need to be avoided meanwhile.They are Alcohol - Particularly wine and beer Caffeine overuse or caffeine withdrawal Chocolate Aspartame - eg, NutraSweet and Equal Monosodium glutamate (MSG) - May be found in Asian food, canned soup, frozen or processed foods, and the seasoning product Accent Fruits - Citrus fruits, bananas, avocados, and dried fruit Nuts - Peanuts, soy nuts, and soy sauce Tyramine, a biogenic amine that accumulates in food as it ages, may provoke migraine. Sources include the following: Dairy - Aged cheese Meat - Bacon, sausage, luncheon meat, deli meat, pepperoni, and smoked or cured meat Pickled foods Heavily yeasted breads - Eg, sourdough Vinegars - Especially wine vinegar Some types of beans Also menstrual cycles are correlated with migraines and dosages need to be readjusted too. Try Biofeedback, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and relaxation therapy.Some CAM techniques like herb butterbur (Petasites hybridus),riboflavin (vitamin B2), magnesium, and feverfew,coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10),Melatonin, Body work - Eg, chiropractic, massage, and craniosacral therapy,Yoga, Acupressure and acupuncture etc as they have proved fruitful. 5-Heavy Bleeding/ Menorrhagia As you already a hypothyroid, It can explain that but to correlate it clinically completely a detailed history of Quantity and quality of bleeding,Age,Pelvic pain and pathology,Menses pattern from menarche,Sexual activity,Contraceptive use (intrauterine device [IUD] or hormones),Presence of hirsutism (polycystic ovarian syndrome [PCOS]),Galactorrhea (pituitary tumor),Systemic illnesses (hepatic or renal failure or diabetes),Symptoms of thyroid dysfunction,Excessive bruising or,known bleeding disorders,Current medications (hormones or anticoagulants),Previous medical or surgical procedures or diagnosis and a complete examination for Signs of severe volume depletion (eg, anemia),Obesity,Signs of androgen excess (eg, hirsutism),Ecchymosis,Purpura,Pronounced acne,Visual fields,Bleeding gums,Thyroid evaluation,Galactorrhea,Enlarged liver or spleen,Presence of external genital lesions,Vaginal or cervical discharge Uterine size, shape, and contour,Cervical motion tenderness and Adnexal tenderness or masses need to be sorted out. And all that needs a competent gynecologist so seek one and let them help you. 6-Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition and it needs a complete management from diet and lifestyle to compliance in medicines.Maintain proper sleep routines and keep the food journals. Slowly wean off caffeine, because abruptly stopping caffeine will increase fatigue and pain, headaches, anxiety, and sleep disturbance.avoid alcohol completely for 6 months minimum.No tobacco and no consumption of chemical-laden foods, refined sugars, white flour, aspartame, and monosodium glutamate (MSG).No rich carbohydrates. A diet high in fresh vegetables, fish, and fiber. Green, leafy, and yellow vegetables is recommended. Fruits such as citrus fruits, apples, berries, cantaloupe, and peaches may be preferred. Antioxidants like Vitamins (eg, C, E), minerals (eg, selenium, zinc), and phytochemicals and vitamin D supplements will help. Seek a rheumatologist and chronic pain management specialist for further management. 7-Lumps in throat: That needs an examination to sort out what it is, could be simple tonsillitis, pharyngitis, lymphadenopathy of near by lymph nodes or anything as they are acute in onset. Seek an otorhinolaryngologist for a better assessment and treatment accordingly from there onwards. 8-Hormonal Issues: Stay compliant to the medicines and stay in touch with your endocrinologist for a better management. 9-BP and Glucose High: Needs a control and modification in diet and lifestyle is the key here.Use AHA and ADA diets with weight losing efforts and other preventive measures will help. If medicines needed to control use them continuously. DO as directed by your physician. And Yes You Can Wait Till Monday.None of the above issues are emergency and can wait. XXXX it took a lot of time and effort to answer your every point of 10 in 1 query. I hope it helped.Take good care and dont forget to close the discussion please. Regards S Khan