What do itchy red bumps on arms and upper chest indicate?

About a week ago, itchy red bumps began appearing on my arms and upper chest. At first, they went away within a day. Starting about Saturday, they have been sticking around. The first one that stayed is now a red scaly patch on my neck and it no longer itches. I also got ringworm on my side about two days ago. Any idea what might be going on?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like fungal infection, need more details Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. From the description, it looks like you have developed a generalized fungal infection which is tinea but I would like to have a look at the skin lesions before we can be sure of the diagnosis. Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesions at various sites and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please tell what are you applying over the lesions? Any medicines or oils or creams. Are you taking any oral drugs as well? Is there any itching? Did you develop hive like lesions earlier? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the pictures and the above details. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What do itchy red bumps on arms and upper chest indicate? 58 minutes later
I emailed the pictures. I have been applying a garlic extract that has 45-55% grain alcohol by volume and an herb strength ratio of 1:3 with a cotton ball, and I have been taking it orally forty drops in 16 ounces of juice once yesterday and once today. It is all very itchy. The initial sores were mid size individual red bumps that were very itchy and some went away within hours at first, now they are persisting.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Pictures not received Detailed Answer: Hi again I have not received your pictures. Can you please try uploading them here on this page in the reports section. Dr Geetika Paul