What do fluid filled bumps at the head of the penis indicate?

Hello Dr. I have a concern regarding my private area. The last time I had sex 2 in a half weeks ago I had unprotected sex with my partner in. I have small clear like bumps under the head of my penis. They do not itch or burn at the moment. The only discomfort I feel is when I apply excessive pressure to the area.. I put peroxide on it with a q_tip and no burning or pain..I shine a light to get a closer look the bumps look clear. I think it might be herpes and I'm terrified. I never had any history of medical issues up until recently., I went the doctor on January 8 and was advised I had folliculitis ony shaft and was prescribed an ointment, I also advised i wanted to be tested for Stds, I wasnt advised of anything alarming on my results. But now I have these bumps and I think my worst fear came true.. I've looked up multiple symptoms.. I don't have discharge, no flu like symptoms, no painful urination.they do look like clusters but again idk.I can't tell if the the tingling is in my mind or not.. I read online that it it can be dormant and not show any signs. I have an appointment this week but I figured I atleast have an idea now going in
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Likely to be Herpes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The fluid filled bumps that you have at the head of your penis are likely to be due to Herpes. It is usually associated with itching and flu like symptoms. Herpes can be diagnosed by viral culture obtained from the fluid from lesion. There are also blood tests that can detect antibodies to the herpes viruses. Your physician will guide you for the investigations. I would advise you to fix an appointment with your nearest dermatologist/venereologist & refrain from sexual contact until the problem is resolved or use protection (condom) in the interim. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: What do fluid filled bumps at the head of the penis indicate? 9 minutes later
Well Dr. I appreciate your honesty.. Is there any chance it could be something else? How long will these bumps last and will they spread to other areas??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Less likely to be anything else. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. The other possibilities include a minor superficial skin infection or cellulitis. These lesions will disappear within a week of proper treatment. There is a possibility of spread of these lesions to the adjoining areas also. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards