What do black sticky stools indicate?

hello I am having dark Brownish and black stool its very sticky since 2 days. I am having beer and non veg food along with Coke since 2 days. Also Had Pizza... I don't have any pain in my stomach or abdomen and its not smelly also. what is it ? can you advise please? Thanks
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Black sticky stools indicate there might be a bleed in the upper gastrointestinal tract. An upper GI endoscopy may have to be done to locate the source of bleeding. The hemoglobin level should also be checked which may serve as indicator if there is a continuous loss of blood. If the endoscopy does not reveal anything, then a stool test may be done. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini