What diet should be given after c section?

May 2013
what type of food should be consumed initially to start with after c section.
I would also require a diet chart and i am vegetarian.

thanks in advance
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 43 minutes later
Usually followed protocol (In south India)
After cesarean section:
-On the day of surgery and on first postoperative day till bowel sounds appear intravenous fluids will be given.
-Then once bowel sounds appear you can go for liquid diet like juices, milk etc.
-Then in the second postoperative day after passing the motion, solid foods can be started.
Initially low residue foods like bread with milk or coffee, idly etc can be consumed.
-On third postoperative day you can go for rice with rasam or curd etc.
-Then from fourth postoperative day you can eat your regular diet.
Which should include:
Fruits, vegetables and plenty of water to avoid constipation.
And foods like XXXXXXX spinach, garlic pads, jeera, miriyalu, menti seeds etc which will increase milk secretion.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.