What diet should be followed while doing night shifts and what are the remedies for good sleep?

Question
Hi Doctor, I am fine and your tips helps me a lot and one more Qurey i want to share with you Please assist me for below Quries, 1) I am doing night shift which type of food i want to take to maintain my health 2) I am taking my Breakfast Before 7:00 Am is that ok or i need to take later 3) I want to take a better sleep what i want to do for that. Thanks, Regards XXXX
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer: follow the below suggestions Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Hope you are doing well. I am glad to help you any time. Here are your answers: 1) I am doing night shift which type of food i want to take to maintain my health - You should take healthy food with 60% carbohydrates, 30% proteins, and 10% fats. That means, you can take rice in one meal, 2 chapathis, dal, vegetable salads, and a fruit without fail on a daily basis. This will remain the same whether you are in night shift or day shift. You can take light snacks in between like plain biscuits, fresh fruit juices, etc. Also, you can take idli, upma, plain dosa according to your choice for breakfast and evening snacks. 2) I am taking my Breakfast Before 7:00 Am is that ok or i need to take later - no problem, you can take it at 7 am. No harm in it. But, never skip your breakfast. 3) I want to take a better sleep what i want to do for that. - you should sleep adequately for 8 hours in 24 hours time. You can make a schedule for this according to your night shift. While sleeping practice sleep hygiene in the form of dark room, silent,with no music or sound around. Sleep in a comfortable mattress. You should feel comfortable in it. Try to meditate for 5 mins before going to sleep. When you sleep you must rest your mind and body completely. When you sleep like this for 8 hours, it is sufficient for you to get better and sound sleep. Hope my answers satisfy you. Take care and regards,

Follow-up: What diet should be followed while doing night shifts and what are the remedies for good sleep? 8 hours later
Hi Doctor, Sure it will help me a lot and thanks for your kind advice Regards XXXX

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 hours later
Brief Answer: wish you good health :) Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you too. Take care!