What diet should be followed to ensure potassium and sodium stay in the healthy range?

I take triamterene-hctz (37.5/25) for hbp. I am also on a high ptotein low carb diet which does not provide enough potassium. How much potassium and sodium do you suggest i eat a day (not supplement) to ensure my serum potassium and sodium stay in the healthy range. From what i understand the body does not make its own potassium. My last labs were 2 weeks ago and my potassium was 3.5 and sodium 135.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Repeat lab after 2 weeks Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic The average requirement for us in a day is approximately 2.5 Grams of Sodium / 5 grams of potassium Your levels are still normal / in the lower range, though You may not need to supplement or change your diet as it is / have the tests repeated after 2 weeks / A dietician will be help in long run Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless