What diet should I follow for my kid who developed loose stools after atibiotic intake for adenoids?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
Need diet for kid developed loose stools after antibiotic for adenoids He dont like sweets Wants only idly dosa rasam saadham Cqn I give him curd and XXXXXXX vegtable or XXXXXXX soup
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Grace Abraham 27 hours later
Brief Answer: High fluid diet with curd recommended Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for posting the query. Occurrence of loose stools and abdominal discomfort are commonly seen with antibiotic treatment. The reason is that the antibiotics also affects the healthy and human friendly bacteria which is naturally present on our gut to help in digestion. In lack of these, the body’s ability to digest the food becomes week. The symptoms settles gradually as soon the mediation is stopped. However still, to avoid the complications and counter the effect of medication, include plenty of liquids in the diet, to make up for the electrolyte imbalance. You may consider tender coconut water, lemon juice, XXXXXXX juice or pomegranate juice ( avoid other fruit juices), fresh homemade soups (avoid plain tomato and plain spinach soup), buttermilk , Dal water or rice starch with a pinch of salt and few drops of lemon. Sweet foods should be avoided, You may continue with idli, dosa, saadham etc. also. But it is important to avoid fried and oily preparations. Fruits like XXXXXXX orange, pear, banana, and grapes may be included. Light vegetables like bottle gourd, round gourd, potato, boiled carrots and other foods like soft upma, poha and Pongal can also be included. Curd is full of the gut friendly bacteria, it should be included in plenty. Other foods that are good for controlling the loose stools are peeled apples, pear, banana, sweet potato and potato. Do not add oil and spices in the food. Milk is a known natural laxative, avoid its use in pure form for some days. However, as mentioned above, continue the fresh curd and its products. Use boiled drinking water and divide the meals into smaller and frequent portions. Packed and preserved foods should also be strictly avoided for some days, until l the complete recovery is not seen, Ready to eat foods contain stabilizers and preservatives, so its best to avoid such foods. Hydration and hygiene with light meals is the key to recovery. Hope this helps. Grace
Follow-up: What diet should I follow for my kid who developed loose stools after atibiotic intake for adenoids? 9 hours later
Thank u mam now son z feeling better Im using aquaguard water for everthing cooling rice sambar Not using tap water z that ok or we need to use tap water Can we boil aquaguard water to drink for kid bcoz it z alredy clean