What cuses calf pain with tenderness and swelling?
User rating for this question
This morning I had a really bad cramp in my right calf. It is very sore and tender and is swollen as well. There is no redness or warmth associated with it. Is this normal?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Visit a doctor at the earliest... Detailed Answer: Hi, After reading through the details that you posted, I am slightly concerned about the sudden appearance of calf pain. It doesn't seem normal. I suggest that you visit the ER to exclude the possibility of venous clots. Drink sufficient fluids and proceed to the ER. Regards
Follow-up: What cuses calf pain with tenderness and swelling? 2 minutes later
Is it ok to sleep on it and see how it is in the morning? If it is not improved, go to th ER?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not advisable to sleep through with pain... Detailed Answer: Venous clots are extremely unpredictable; unexpected complications can occur. Calf pain may be from other causes too; but since it's swollen and extremely tender I wouldn't advice that you sleep on it at home. Rather I would like you being monitored at the ER.
People also viewed
- Calf pain or swelling with hypothyroidism
- Liver damage and diarrhea
- What cuses calf pain with tenderness and swelling
- Dla awarded for angina heart disease
- Cystoscopy for men recovery
- Cystoscopy with ureteral stent
- Calf pain no swelling
- Calf pain and swelling symptoms
- Do heart stents shorten life span
- Deviated septum and heart palpitations
- Final days of glioblastoma
- Pain and lump in calf and swelling
- Heart hurts when i pumps
- Descending aorta problems
- Period lasting 8 days