What creams, oils and soaps are safe for a newborn baby?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
hi doc
i m in my 9th month and close to my due date.wanted to prepare things for the baby.could you pls guide me what all things like cream,oil,soap etc would be required for the baby and which brand?
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on baby oils and soaps

Detailed Answer:
Hi... Greetings from XXXXXXX

Thank you for consulting on health care magic.

My suggestions for your baby -

Soap - Tedybar soap
Shampoo - Spoo shampoo
Baby oil - Johnson's baby oil

No need to apply any cream for a newborn baby.

Please do exclusive breast feeding till the baby is 6 months old. Do not give anything except your breast milk.

No need to give any multivitamin supplements also.

The only vitamin which may be in low quantity in mother's breast milk is Vitamin D. For that I suggest JUSDEE drops (400IU/ml), 1ml once a day.

As it's rainy season and coming is winter season, you can give alternate day sponge bath and alternate day bath for the baby.

I wish your baby a bright future. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.

ASK ME DIRECTLY at this link
www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Regards - Dr. Sumanth