Ask a Urologist   »  

What cream should be applied on penis with small bites?

Question
WHAT TO PUT ON PENIS WITH SMALL BITES
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 40 minutes later

A good information about the problem shall help you and me discuss it better. My answer can help you and satisfies you too.
-What has caused the small bites as you said?
-Is it insect bite?
-Whether there is swelling,itching or burning around the skin of penis?
-What exactly you need to put on penis?

If you can write the details I may be able to help you in a better way.

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: What cream should be applied on penis with small bites? 23 hours later
NO INSECT BITE. FEMALE WOMAN .THERE IS NO SWELLING, JUST SORE TO THE TOUCH, SOME ITCHING, COLOR OF INFECTED AREA IS RED. BUT NO BREAKING OF THE SKIN, THIS REDNESS IS ON THE TOP OF PENIS. WHAT TYPE OF MEDINE TO PUT ON???

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 23 minutes later
Thanks for providing the details.
I gather from your history that it was an accidental bite during oral sexual intercourse. The bite has resulted in inflammation of the skin causing local redness (similar to a pinch). However, it should not cause itching. If the itching is significant, you need to see your physician to rule out a fungal infection.
For the bite, I would suggest the following:
Apply ice locally to the red and sore area,
Take an anti inflammatory drug like Tablet Motrin as and when required with food for 2-3 days which will reduce the pain or soreness.
See a physician and get yourself a tetanus toxoid shot as a preventive measure.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. Please accept this answer if you don't have any further queries.