What cream can be applied for prickly sensation on penis and scrotum?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have a prickly sort of sensation on my penis, scrotum, around my neck and face and back. This I'm sure is from unprotected sex. What is it and what cream do I need to buy to cure it?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Prickly sensation of penis due to inflammation. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. First of all don't get anxious about treatment. Pricking or prickly sensation over penis, scrotum, neck, face and back is quite unusual to have in any STD/HIV. How long back you had your unprotected sex? Prickly sensation over penis may be due to some inflammation following any infection or infestation. You just meet your physician and get examined. As per his guidance you have to undergo certain tests for STD/HIV. Then the management will be decided as per the outcome of the investigations reports and examination findings. Your problem elsewhere in the body other than genitals are unlikely to be due to STD/HIV. So nothing to worry. DR S.Murugan
Follow-up: What cream can be applied for prickly sensation on penis and scrotum? 9 minutes later
From the time i had sex until the sensation started in my groin area was about two days then on day 3 i could feel it working it's way around my body. I'm offshore and unable to see a doctor so I started scrubbing with dettol. Is there a cream i can use for the mean time?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Avoid dettol. May be due to phobia for STD Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. I understand your position that you are not able to meet a doctor at present. Is it some sort of itching? Then there is a possibility of sexually transmitted parasitic infestation. Do not apply dettol or any other lotions or hand remedy. This may induce allergy and sensitization. You just apply plain coconut oil or an olive oil over these parts. Definitely you had nothing serious. You can take some antihistamine tablets if necessary. If you have lot of itching, then a anti parasitic lotion may be needed. Sometimes it may be an illusion that you have this prickly sensation due to aversion or phobia of thought of STD/HIV. Nothing else. DR S XXXXXXX