What could red spots on hairline mean?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Both my sons have red spots on hairline of the scalp. What could this be? They just appeared this evening.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 32 minutes later

Since both your sons are affected with the same kind of red spots on the hairline simultaneously, it is more likely to be due to a common infection, a bug infestation or allergy to a common irritant or shampoo they used.

Such kind of spots do need a physical examination for proper diagnosis. Consulting a dermatologist will help in proper treatment.

Till then avoid applying any ointments or lotions on the affected area and do not scrub the rashes.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.