What could cause tingling,spasms all over the body and stiff neck,sore throat with jaw stiffness?

last week started getting tingling/spasms all over my body. Had stiff neck/sore throat. yesterday stiffness in jaw. What could this be caused by?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 11 days later
Brief Answer: low calcium level. needs investigation. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. With your presenting illness the most propable cause is reduced calcium level in blood. So better to get done serum calcium level including free calcium level and other electrolyte level. If there is deficiency, its replaceent will prevet your symptoms. Mean time you can take oral calcium suppliments and better to consult your doctor for further management. Hope this exaplanation is both informative and helpful to you. Wish you faster recovery and good health. Feel free to ask any further related query and I will be glad to answer them. Regards
Follow-up: What could cause tingling,spasms all over the body and stiff neck,sore throat with jaw stiffness? 40 hours later
Yesterday and today increased saliva in my mouth and stiffness in face and fingers/hands. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, needs to be concerned. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Your symptoms of increased salivation and stiffness in face and fingers/hands needs further evaluation. This may be due to electrolyte imbalance as explained earlier or due to any other causes like viral infections, any damage to brain, anxiety or in auto immune conditions. But these will be associated with other features. So I advice you to get examined (general physical examination) with few blood investigation to diagnose your problem and the management depends on these. Hope this helps you. You need to get evaluated once. Wish you good health. Regards