What could cause swelling in eyes after being hurt on forehead?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I walked into a tree branch and have a 1/2 inch laceration on my forehead, which I cleaned with peroxide and have kept it clean with a cover of neosporin. It has been 3 days and the wound does not seem to be scabing over. I have some swelling that has now moved down into my eyes. No fever and not much pain. Should I seek treatment or let it heal on it own?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Not every wound is scabing and if this wasnt deep wound and there are no signs of infections,you dont need any particular treatment. this is still early stage of wound healing and it may take several more days until you notice improvement. Slight redness is expected but if there is spreading swelling and redness or pus formation,fever and pain,then it may indicate infection and you may need systemic antibiotics. You can attach photo here so I can see it and then give more detailed answer. You should not apply peroxide anymore if wound is closed. Just clean it with water and soap. If there is swelling that affects eye,this requires attention and if there is progression of swelling or vision disorder,you should visit doctor. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask.