What could cause soreness in chest and excessive mucous in throat?

I had soreness in my chest on September 8th. Went to ER - had blood test and xray and EKG - all was fine. Went to cardiologist. Had nuclear workup, 30 day event monitor, and ultra sound - all clear. Went to GP and had blood tests - all clear. My issue remains - it's a cycle of a soreness in the upper right pectoral area and in the right side of the sternum. This comes and goes. The soreness radiates over the right shoulder and into the upper back and neck - again - comes and goes. Every couple of days - I seem to have a lot of mucous in my throat and I'm clearing it often. My DR has listened to my lungs and says "all clear". Lung Xray didn't reveal anything.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha. 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be the cervical spondylosis. Detailed Answer: Hi,Welcome to Health care magic forum. You have soreness in the chest. X.ray, E.K.G,nuclear work up, 30 day event monitor, ultra sound blood tests, every thing is clear. Soreness is present in the upper pectoral area, and in the right side of the sternum. Radiates to the right shoulder, upper back, and neck. Chest is clear as examined by your doctor. It appears to be the pain due to the cervical spondylosis, or prolapsed disc. The pressure on the nerves coming out of the inter vertibral space can cause soreness like this. When there is pressure depending on the posture, the symptoms appear, hence the intermittent occurence. The history of lymesdisease has nothing to do with the symptoms. Mucous in the throat in the morning may be due to the allergy, has nothing to do with the sore XXXXXXX I advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. You may need to have an M.R.I. of the neck for confirmation. I usually prescribe to my patient with such symptoms neurotropic injections for 10 consecutive days, ofloxacin, diclophenac sodium, and paracetamol. Avoid taking spices, junk foods, and oily foods. Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.Thank you.