What could cause lump above anus and soreness between my vagina and anus after constipation?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I was on Japan a month ago, I was ther for 19days. I got constipated really badly and when I came home it didn't get any better. I noticed I could feel a lump under my skin above my anus. I figured it might be a hemroid. I bought Fleet to help with my constipation. I am now able to go to the toilet fine but the lump is still there and I was able to squeez some puss out of it the other day, this was slightly painful. It's stil there but it's not sore and I don't notice it. However in addition to that the skin between my vagina and anus is very sore to touch and seems to be swolen. What is this and is it all related?? I just want to go back to being normal and healthy. And it's jut so hard to go to a doctor over here as I'm not a us citizen and it's hard to organise. Any help will b amazing!!! Thank you so much!
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Most likely it is due to infection. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Swelling may be due to infection or hemorrhoid. From history,it indicate more towards infective in etiology since you are able to squeeze pus and you also have tenderness in between vagina and anus. You need proper clinical examination. You should consult surgeon and get examined clinically.Clinical examination can only confirm the diagnosis. Treatment depends upon findings. If it is due to infection then antibiotics should be given along with analgesics and anti inflammatory drugs. Treatment of hemorrhoid depends upon staging. At present constipation also need attention as it may be the precipitating factor of hemorrhoid if your diagnosis comes hemorrhoid. Investigations like routine hemogram,ultrasonography,stool (routine and microscopic)should be done to rule out any pathology. There are many reasons for constipation in your age group. Mostly it is functional. It may be due to less fibre and fluid intake,less physical activity,chronic medication etc. You should take plenty of fluids and take fibrous diet. You should also increase your physical activity in the form of walking etc. Avoid taking laxative for long term use.You should concentrate more on other methods already discussed. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What could cause lump above anus and soreness between my vagina and anus after constipation? 12 minutes later
Thank you. I would like yo add that i drink plenty of water and i also go to the gym. My diet is also fine, i could probsble do with mote fiber though. And generally i would ovly take domething natural to help with constipation but in this case i needex something more i used fleet 3 times in 1 week and have been fine sice. Do you think i could get some antibiotic or cream of some doet over the counter that may help. Something to try before going to the doctor ad this is dificult for me. Also with hemoroids if they r left un atended will they go away or can tjey turn into something really bad?? Thank you again for your help

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Take amoxycillin with clavulanic acid combination Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back It is good you are taking high fibre diet and your physical activity is also good.You should continue these natural methods. You can take short course of laxatives.After regulation of bowel you can stop them but you shouldn't depend much on laxatives. You can take antibiotics like amoxycillin combination with clavulanic acid thrice daily for seven days along with probiotics. But this has to take if it appears infective in clinical examination.So,first you get examined by surgeon. Treatment of hemorrhoid depends upon patient complains and staging.If it is bleeding and it is third degree then surgery is the only option.Otherwise,it is managed conservatively also. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX