What could cause delayed period after safe sex?

May 2013
Me and my GF had dry sex(with full clothes on) Her periods was due on Nov 30th but it has not happened til now. Her periods is not regular. It varies from 5 - 7 days after a month This time it has not happened even after 12 days. Is this a worry?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of pregnancy is less Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your history, the possibility of pregnancy is very less. Delay in periods can occur due to many causes like hormonal imbalance due to stress and strain, weight changes, poly cystic ovary disease, anemia, thyroid abnormalities etc. So, better to consult gynecologist once and get evaluated. Let her undergo investigations like ultrasound, hemoglobin levels, thyroid profile. After the examination and investigations, the possible cause for delayed periods can be diagnosed. Then she can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with doctor's advice. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What could cause delayed period after safe sex? 0 minute later
While having sex, i came-out/dicharge my sperm inside my clothes. I was on jeans and underwear/boxers inside. And she was also wearing her clothes since past 5 days she has some white discharge(not spotting) for 3 times.... It does not smell bad.. White discharge is something like flow but not so much... In a limited way. what could this be for? Actually we are scared. Kindly help She used to clean her vagina(outer layer) after sex with Soap. My pant used to get little wet. Am not sure if my sperm could have passed through my inner wear and jeans outside Am worried for 2 reasons 1. Am worried if my wetness on the pant touched her vagina(she was also on clothes) while having sex. Can it cause problem? 2. If she had by mistake touched my pant and touched her vagina(while washing with SOAP), is that a problem? In general, can sperm travel thru clothes like Underwear/boxer and jeans?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
Brief Answer: urine pregnancy test Detailed Answer: Hi, The possibility of pregnancy is very less when both are wearing clothes. Usually spermatozoa will not get transmitted through the routes mentioned by you. Unless there is direct contact and insemination of semen. Before periods, vaginal discharge can increase physiologically. For more details : WWW.WWWW.WW That can be one reason for her vaginal discharge. You once go for urine pregnancy test, this will clarify the doubts. Take care.
Follow-up: What could cause delayed period after safe sex? 58 minutes later
Hi Doc, Thanks for the response. I could not understand much medico terminology. Are you saying that "White discharge" means something wrong? Or It could be normal before periods? Also she used to have white discharge earlier also. But previously it was during the middle of her cycle. Now she had discharge 3 times in about 5 days without periods Sorry, if am asking too many questions. Kindly reply.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibly normal discharge Detailed Answer: Hi, White discharge can be considered as normal, if it seen: - In the middle of cycle, that is during ovulation. -Before menstrual period. - When not associated with symptoms like foul smell, itching, altered color etc. For more details : As she is having white discharge only during ovulation and before periods without bad smell, that could be considered as normal. Let her undergo pregnancy test once then she can take tablets for withdrawal bleeding with doctor's advice. Take care.