What could be tiny irregular spot on edge of iris like bubble with water in it?

I have a tiny irregular spot on edge of iris and it is very bloodshot next to it. A few weeks ago it looked like a bubble with liquid in it.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be inflammation of conjunctivaldegeneration Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you have spot on the eye which was like bubble with liquid in it and now it appearing blood shot. I guess it is seen on the junction between the white portion of the eye called as sclera and transparent part called as cornea. Iris is present inside the eye and it is brown in color and hence it cannot be iris. The bubble like spot can be conjunctival degeneration like pinguecula and it is commonly seen in middle aged people as a result of ageing, exposure to dust, sunlight.... Probably it has become inflammed resulting in blood shot appearance. The treatment is by antibiotic and anti inflammatory eye drops. If you can send a photo of the eye I can advice you more accurately. Hope the information helps. With regards Dr. Dadapeer K