What could be the soft edema bump on eyelid at bridge of nose?

Soft edema bump on eyelid at bridge of nose. One eye worse
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: possibly a chalazion Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic There are different types of lesions that can occur on the eyelids. One of the more common are causes are chalazion. Chalazion are cysts that form due to inflammation of the meibomian glands. The meibomian glands are present in both the upper and lower eyelids and produce a thick secretion. They can involve one or both eyelids and they can be soft or firm. There is usually no infection and the bump is not tender when touched. The treatment involves the use of warm compresses to the area for 10 to 15 minutes , 4 to 6 times a day . Rarely an infection may occur and antibiotics may be needed. You may want to consult your doctor to confirm this by physical examination, I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: What could be the soft edema bump on eyelid at bridge of nose? 17 hours later
Does not look like chalazion photos. I think it is just swelling that is collecting in the eyelid near the nose because that is the low point. Also at age 62 my skin there sags more than in my youth
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 6 hours later
Brief Answer: it is possible Detailed Answer: HI If you wish you can attach an image so that the swelling can be reviewed. YOu are right in stating that the skin sags as persons age and sagging skin can appear as a mass or bump. The best way to determine what it is would be to see it, it would be difficult to diagnose if not seen or palpated .IF it is difficult to attach and post then you can ask your GP to have a look. Please feel free to ask any other questions