What could be the small raised bump which is tender and bruised on thigh?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have a small bump about 1 inch in diameter on the interior of my thigh near where the underwear line is. It looks like a bruise but is raised It's pliable and a little tender. What is it and do I need to be seen?
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: This is probably just trombosised varicose vein which may be seen in this area oftenly.You can attach photo so I could see what it is exactly. Other possible causes are lipoma, fibroma or some other benign subcutaneous lesions. In every case,this is nothing to be worried about unless there is rapid grow or signs of inflammation(swelling,pain,redness,fever) which can indicate tomboflebitis. If there are no such signs then thisis not emergency and you can visit doctor if there is cosmetic concern. It can be removed under local anasthesia. Veins can be managed surgically too. Rarely it can be some more serious tumor but there would be some other signs and symptoms. So you can wait and see the progression. veins or swollen lymph node usually disappear spontaneously while lipomas and fibromas usually persist. Wish you good health. feel free to ask. Regards