What could be the reason for vomiting, wet pampering and biting in 11 week baby?
User rating for this question
My baby is 11 weeks ahe has been running a slight temp of 99.7 and is vomitinf every time she eats. Ive given her pedialyte as well. She is able to keep some on her stomach. She is producing wet pampers. I noticed that she is biting her fist alot. Could she be teething?
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is quite normal for babies blow 5 months. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks and welcome to HCM. usually small babies bring out some milk soon after the feed. some portion will come out and remaining they reswallow. This is known as rumination or posetting. This is quite common upto 5 months of age. These babies also pass motion soon after feed due to brisk gastro-colick reflex. All these symptoms are normal as long as the baby is normally gaining weight/not losing weight. If amount of vomitus is more or not gaining weight, gastro oesphageal reflux is the cause due to lax shinctor. This GER is common in most of the babies but in almost 80-90% of cases spontaneous recovery occurs by 18 months of age. In such babies feeding in upright position with thickened feeds and maintaining them in that position for 15-20 minutes will do. Some drugs regulating peristalsis may be tried in extreme cases. Some who do not recover after 18 months are designated as GERD (gastro oesophageal reflux disease) Very very rarely some may need surgery like fundoplication. Regarding biting the fist babies usually explore everything by mouth till 5 months. as far as temperature is concerned slight fever may be due cold or viral infection. In very young infants slight high temperature is recorded in axilla because of brown fat. Hope this reply is OK for you. Further queries invited . Dr.M.V.subrahmanyam.
Follow-up: What could be the reason for vomiting, wet pampering and biting in 11 week baby? 53 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 2 days later
Brief Answer: thanks for your courtesy. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your courtesy and acknowledging my answer. Further queries invited if required. Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.
People also viewed
- Red spot numbness big toe
- What could be the reason for having vomiting
- What could be the reason for vomiting blood
- What could be the reason for vomiting in a child
- Child vomiting after feeding what could be the reason
- Eyelid feels numb swollen
- Nicardia retard 10 mg wiki
- Fleet enemas during first trimester
- Drugs/medication for mitochondrial disease
- What could the reasons for vomiting and dizziness
- Drugs/medication for reye's syndrome
- Drugs/medication for spinal muscular atrophy
- Throat infection from 1 month
- Drugs/medication for egg allergy
- Drugs/medication for pyloric stenosis