What could be the reason for severe pain under the ribs after treatment with Buscopan?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
During shopping with my wife today I experienced very sharp stabbing pain on the left side right under the rips in various intervals. After ca 20 minutes, I could not stand the pain and went to the emergency. Vital signs, bloodworm, and treatment with Buscopan and ca 3 hours observation, i got released, But the pain is still there and on the scale 1- 10 I feel like 9-10. What can I do???My Name XXXX e-mail: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be uretric colic Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in The information provided on first look points to uretric colic Is there nausea or any urinary symptom associated with it ? Is it associated with fever ? DO you have any other bowel symptom ? Get back to me with this detail & I will guide you further ?

Follow-up: What could be the reason for severe pain under the ribs after treatment with Buscopan? 4 minutes later
Here my answer: No nausea, no urinary symptoms (Urin test in hospital was negative) no fever, no bowel symptoms

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: An Xray KUB should help Detailed Answer: Hi Thank for writing back I yet feel an Xray KUB needs to be done to rule out a small calculus Other possibility is muscle spasm, but then there is no history of any weight lifting or trauma, so I would suggest In the mean time continue with Buscopan tablet two to three times a day If that does not give relief try Diclofenac 50mg twice a day Hope this helps Do write back in case of concern Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: What could be the reason for severe pain under the ribs after treatment with Buscopan? 20 minutes later
Thank you very much, I hope, i will have a good sleep, when not I will follow your advise and go back to the hospital for Xray

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: HopeFully Yes..... Detailed Answer: Get Well Soon......