What could be the reason for recurrence of tuberculosis after pregnancy?

Oct 2013

Hi I'm DG ,29/f. I am suffering from TB of LUNGS. It started with the diagnose of phemonea and then with an X-ray of chest and sputum positive report it was cleared that I have TB of lungs.after the ceserian delivery of my first child in dec 2009 then In 2010 September I was diagnosed with linfnode tb and took ATT for nine months. Then I had undergone a surgery for varicose veins then again I conceived and had a delivery in jan2013 for my second ceserian child. Now after exactly after nine months I m again diagnosed vid tb of lungs. Doctors have planned a one yr ATT course for tb this time.pI hav two daughters and thought to take a final chance after five yrs. but I'm am scared to hav increase chances of tb the third time if I conceive even after five years. Is it true that even if I complete my full course of medication I have a risk to third time reoccurrence as my cycle says so.please guide me. My email I'd is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: pregnancy not presuppose to recurrence of TB. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Pregnancy, birth, puerperium, and lactation do not presuppose any risk of relapse of pulmonary tuberculosis when it is adequately treated. So recurrence is at very low chance if you take ATT as prescribed by your physician. Regular follow up and investigation might be needed during course of your treatment. Hope I answered your query. Any further information you can ask me in follow up query. Regards.