What could be the reason for random spotting, nausea and back pain post pregnancy?

Mar 2013
I gave birth on April 27, 2013 after that I had a 3 day period on September 1, 2013. Since then I have not had a period I have taken Pregnancy test last one I took was in December. Ive noticed Ive had old blood spotting but no full on period and I get random days of nausea and severe back pain. Why havent I had a period and why the random spotting and pain in lower back and abdomen?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. IT takes a few months after childbirth for your menstrual cycles to get regulated. This is more so, if you are breastfeeding, are you ? Other conditions that add to irregular cycles include - stress, tensions, weight gain, late nights, erratic eating habits, travelling. If you have been on birth control or taken a depo shot, this could happen. Conditions like polycystic ovarian syndrome ( PCOS ) and endometriosis can give rise to the symptoms you describe - irregular cycles and random spotting. ALso, calcium and vitamin D levels should be checked, and the TSH levels - deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D as well as hypothyroidism can cause erratic cycles, and severe back pain. Please have a gynaecological evaluation. If you are not on birth control, try and use it for 2 - 3 months. It will protect against pregnancy, as well as kickstart your normal cycles. Have an internal exam - per vaginum and per speculum. Go for pelvic ultrasound scan and hormonal tests as indicated. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: What could be the reason for random spotting, nausea and back pain post pregnancy? 1 minute later
I have been gaining weight like crazy, and I never breastfed. I do stress alot and I have been staying up late and I can't sleep. So I guess that answers alot of questions, thank you.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: TAKE CARE. Detailed Answer: Well, there you have your reasons . And reason enough to work on them too :) Please have a check up anyway - other conditions might co exist.